May 21st, 2020 12:28 PM by Brent Ferry
As of late yesterday, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, and effective immediately, the coronavirus related vacation rental ban has been lifted in Osceola County, Florida which includes Kissimmee.
Following are the proposed and approved safety plans for vacation rental operations in Osceola County:
- Property owners and managers shall adhere to all Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) sanitation guidelines that are already in place as addressed under6lC-3.001 Sanitation and Safety Requirements of the transient lodging statutes;
- Property owners and managers shall adopt the CDC related guidelines that are for public spaces, businesses, schools and homes. These re-open guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting expand upon what the State of Florida & DBPR already have in place for safety and sanitation for all lodging. This can be an extra safety measure for protection against the spread of COVID-19. Our short term rental owners and managers are already utilizing such measures and even more stringent cleaning protocols adopted by the industry;
- Property owners and managers shall provide COVID-19 guidance of local restrictions that are in place during the guest stay including closures, curfews, and other related local information. The County will post online where this updated local information can be accessible to lodging operators and guests;
- Property owners and managers shall supply employees and contractors with CDC related safety guidance while operating the short term rental units to alleviate the transmission of the virus and provide further protection for employees and guests;
- Property owners and managers shall supply guests with CDC guidance for guests traveling with pets and service/assistance animals;
- Property owners and managers shall also share CDC resources to any guest while staying in their units. These resources are available in multiple languages at the CDC website;
- All vacation rentals shall follow the SAFEHOME Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professional (VRHP) and Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA) Cleaning Guidelines for COVID-19 which is both attached and can be found here: https://www.vrma.org/page/vrhplvrma-cleaning-guidelines-for-covid-19;
- Only licensed vacation rentals within a community zoned for vacation rental homes
may operate under this reopening plan;
- Existing guests currently in homes may continue to extend their stay;
- Any person coming from a highly-infected area, as defined per the Governor's
guidelines, must reserve a minimum stay of 14 nights and follow CDC self- quarantine guidelines; and,
- Vacation rentals may not be used for events or group gatherings that exceed maximum occupancy. Only Guests whose names are on the reservation are authorized to stay in the home. Any Guest having events or group gatherings in the home or exceeding the numbers of authorized Guests will be immediately evicted without refund.
For a full copy of the written request from the County Manager dated May 15, 2020, and The Department of Business and Professional Regulation’s approval of the County Plan for Vacation Rental Operations issued yesterday, May 20, 2020, please email your request to me at email@example.com.
Ready for a change of scenery? Book your vacation home getaway with us now!
Check out our inventory of beautiful rental properties at visitorlandohomes.com and email me for a personal, discounted, price quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book with confidence with flexible and worry-free cancellation, no contact check-in, and keyless entry. You won’t have to worry about shared hallways, elevators, or multi-unit HVAC. Enjoy one of our spacious, detached rental homes with full kitchen, washer/dryer, and multiple en suites, plus a private pool, free Wi-Fi, and many properties with game rooms. A selection of condos and vacation townhomes with pools also available. Contact me today!