Things To Do In Orlando / Orlando Links
Each year, Orlando welcomes tens of millions of visitors. For many, Orlando is synonymous with theme parks. The “City Beautiful” is home to 7 of the top 10 U.S. theme park leaders including the most visited theme park in the world, Magic Kingdom. But it is also host to an array of other attractions, home to the second largest convention center in the country, and is a city rich with dining, nightlife, shopping, sports, the arts, and golf courses galore. And let's not forget the weather!
Orlando truly has something for everyone. And, together with a vibrant vacation home market and a range of other accommodations from budget motels to world-class resorts, you can make your vacation dreams come true no matter your budget.
To help make your planning easier, I have complied the following comprehensive list of Orlando’s top attractions and popular points of interest.
Build your perfect vacation. Link directly to official theme park and attraction pages, stay informed by following me on Facebook, save time and money by purchasing discount attraction tickets, plan a night out, consult store directories to map out your next shopping adventure, take in a game, explore local opportunities beyond just the theme parks, and more.
I hope you will find this visitor guide to the Orlando area useful. To follow the latest Disney area vacation home information together with theme park and Orlando related news, please 'like' my Facebook page, Brent Ferry, Realtor / Orlando, FL.
Brent Ferry, Realtor - Disney/Attractions Area Vacation Home Sales - (407) 506-7857
Main Theme Parks and AttractionsWalt Disney World® Resort
|Buy your fully authorized, discount Walt Disney World tickets today. You can save money off of gate price AND have your Disney tickets shipped to you so you can schedule your FastPass+ selections prior to arrival! With FastPass+ you can lock in some of your must-do attractions and entertainment experiences up to 30 days in advance of your visit or 60 days prior to check-in if you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel. Disney FastPass+ service is included with your discount ticket purchase at no extra charge. Plus, use Promo Code 'FER' at checkout and receive FREE domestic shipping or $10 off International and Express delivery options.|
|Enjoy a home away from home on your next Orlando vacation.Global is proud to be part of the Walt Disney World Vacation Rental Home Connection. Search 300+ Disney area vacation homes under Management from 2 bedroom condos through 9 bedroom pool homes. Call Reservations toll-free at 1-877-423-1017 for a free discounted quote or complete the Reservations/Availability Inquiry to request a written reply or call back.|
Universal Orlando® ResortSeaWorld Parks and EntertainmentLEGOLAND® Florida
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
Discount Attraction Tickets
Kissimmee Guest Services (Promo Code 'FER')
Nightlife and EntertainmentDisney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney)
- La Nouba™ by Cirque du Soleil®
- AMC Disney Springs 24 with Dine-in Theatres
- House of Blues® Orlando
- Dining including The Boathouse, Morimoto Asia, STK Orlando, House of Blues, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Café, T-REX, Wolfgang Puck Grand Café, Bongos Cuban Café, Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant, Portobello Country Italian Trattoria, Paradiso 37, Earl of Sandwich, food trucks, casual options, and more
- Shopping including World Of Disney, The LEGO Store, LittleMissMatched, Curl by Sammy Duvall, Basin, Arribas Brothers, The Art of Disney, Fit2Run, United World Soccer, Disney's Days of Christmas, Once Upon a Toy, APEX and Sunglass Icon by Sunglass Hut, The Art of Shaving, Chapel Hats, The Ganachery, Havaianas, Marketplace Co-Op, Orlando Harley-Davidson, Sanuk, Star Wars Galactic Outpost, and more
- Blue Man Group
- AMC Universal Cineplex 20
- Hollywood Drive-In Golf™
- Hard Rock Live Orlando
- Dining and clubs including Hard Rock Cafe, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, Emeril's Restaurant Orlando, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Bob Marley - A Tribute to Freedom, Pat O'Brien's, NBC Sports Grill & Brew, The Cowfish, Vivo Italian Kitchen, Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food, Red Oven Pizza Bakery, The Toothsome Chocolate Factory, CityWalk's Rising Star, the groove, Red Coconut Club, casual eating options, and more
- Shopping including Universal Studios Store, Quiet Flight Surf Shop, Element, Fossil, Fresh Produce, The Island Clothing Store, P!Q, Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company, and more
- Regal Pointe Orlando Stadium 20 & IMAX
- B.B. King's Blues Club Orlando
- Improv Comedy Club
- Monkey Joe's
- Hard Knocks - Beyond Laser Tag
- Dining including B.B. King’s, The Capital Grille, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar, Copper Canyon Grill, The Pub, Taverna Opa, RA Sushi Bar Restaurant, Funky Monkey Bistro & Bar, Marlow's Tavern, Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar, Adobe Gila's, Itta Bena, Blue Martini, Johnny Rockets, and more
- Shopping including Tommy Bahama, Tommy Hilfiger, Victoria's Secret, Charming Charlie, Armani Exchange, Hollister, and more
I-Drive 360, Home of the Orlando Eye
International DriveKings Orlando
- Madame Tussauds Orlando
- SEA LIFE Orlando
- Skeletons: Animals Unveiled!
- Dining and entertainment including Yard House, Tin Roof, Cowgirls Rockbar, Shake Shack, Buffalo Wild Wings, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Naru Restaurant & Sushi Bar, Outback Steakhouse, Paramount Mediterranean Cuisine, Sugar Factory, and more
- Shopping including Tervis, Flip Flop Shop, and more
Main OutletsMain Malls
Travel and Local Public TransportationOrlando International Airport (MCO)Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB)Mears TransportationSuperShuttleLYNXI-RIDE TrolleySunRailAmtrak and Auto TrainTaxis. Mears is the largest ground transportation company in the area operating a fleet of varied services including airport shuttles, attraction shuttles, luxury vehicles, Disney's Magical Express and Cruise Line buses, the free Busch Gardens motor coach service
, and metered taxis which operate under three brands - City Cab Company, Yellow Cab Company, and Checker Cab Company. They are the contracted taxi provider at both Orlando Premium Outlets locations, Disney, and various area hotels. Maingate Transportation in Kissimmee also operates a varied fleet which includes taxis as well as attraction shuttles serving a number of the vacation home communities in the 192 area. Ace Metro Cab, Diamond Cab, Orlando All Trans, Star Taxi, and 192 Ecotaxi together with many, many more are other options. Uber has faced controversy, but is growing in popularity. The Orlando International Airport Parking & Transportation page is one good resource for taxi, shuttle, and vehicle for hire information. While taxi fare is not based solely on distance, you can estimate an approximate minimum cab fare by using a map program such as Google Maps and calculating $2.40 per mile.
- MLB (Major League Baseball)
- MiLB (Minor League Baseball)
- NBA (National Basketball Association)
- NFL (National Football League)
- AFL (Arena Football League)
- NHL (National Hockey League)
- ECHL (East Coast Hockey League)
- MLS (Major League Soccer)
- NWSL (National Women's Soccer League
- USL (United Soccer League)
- Orlando City B at Eastern Florida State College's Titan Soccer Complex
Nearest College Sports is the University of Central Florida (UCF) Knights in Orlando
- PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association)
GolfPlay Central Florida's newest golf course, The ChampionsGate Country Club golf course, by becoming a homeowner in Lennar's ChampionsGate or booking a vacation rental in The Retreat at ChampionsGate. Call 407-506-7857 for Sales or 1-877-423-1017 for Vacation Rentals.
Celebration Golf Club
ChampionsGate Golf Club
Falcon's Fire Golf ClubGrande Vista Golf ClubHawk's Landing Golf ClubHighlands Reserve Golf ClubKissimmee Bay Country ClubKissimmee Golf ClubMystic Dunes Golf ClubOrange County National Golf CenterOrange Lake ResortRemington Golf ClubShingle Creek Golf ClubSouthern Dunes Golf and Country ClubThe Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Orlando, Grande LakesTranquilo Golf Club at Four Seasons Resort OrlandoWaldorf Astoria Golf ClubWalt Disney World Golf
Miscellaneous Nearby Attractions and Other Places of InterestFun Spot America (Orlando and Kissimmee)GatorlandThe Holy Land ExperienceGreen Meadows Petting FarmLake Eola Park in Downtown OrlandoKissimmee Lakefront Park in Downtown KissimmeeCelebration Town CenterOrlando Science CenterLeu GardensOrlando Museum of ArtOrange County Regional History CenterThe Morse Museum / Louis Comfort TiffanyWinter Park Scenic Boat TourOsceola County Welcome Center and History MuseumThe Pioneer VillageThe Paddling Center at Shingle CreekBuena Vista WaterSportsSammy Duvall's Watersports CentreCentral Florida ZooRipley's Believe It or Not!Titanic The Artifact ExhibitionVarious Miniature Golf
Various Dinner ShowsVarious Airboat Rides on Lake Toho and East Lake TohoForever FloridaShowcase of Citrus
Day Trips and Special OutingsBok Tower GardensDaytona International SpeedwayClearwater Marine AquariumThe Florida AquariumTampa's Lowry Park ZooDinosaur WorldFlorida Strawberry FestivalSeminole Hard Rock Casino TampaWekiwa Springs State ParkBlue Spring State ParkWeeki Wachee SpringsFort De SotoCanaveral National SeashoreMerritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
Brevard ZooSt. AugustineMount Dora
Weather ForecastsWFTV (local ABC television affiliate)WESH (local NBC television affiliate)WKMG (local CBS television affiliate)
WOFL (local FOX television affiliate)
News 13 (Bright House Networks)
National Weather Service Local Forecast Office Melbourne, FL
National Hurricane Center
The BeachWhile Orlando is located in the middle of the state, the beach is just a short drive away. Visitors can choose from either the east coast (Atlantic Ocean) or west coast (Gulf of Mexico). Excursions to the Atlantic are closest starting at just over a one hour drive from the attractions area. The Atlantic is perhaps the best choice if you have never seen the ocean or if your idea of the beach involves waves. The easiest is Cocoa Beach (including Jetty Park in Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach Pier, Alan Shepard Park near Ron Jon Surf Shop, and Lori Wilson Park) with Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Canaveral National Seashore, and the Melbourne area beaches as other popular options. Gulf beaches are roughly a two hour minimum with Clearwater Beach as the closest and additional popular options as you travel further south including Treasure Island, St. Pete Beach, Fort De Soto Park, Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key, Lido Key and St. Armands Key, and Siesta Key. Gulf beaches are known for their calm waters and the three s's - sand, seashells, and sunsets. Waverunner rentals, parasailing, and sightseeing/dolphin/sunset tours are common west coast activities. So what is the "best" beach? That answer is very much a matter of personal opinion.
Go to Home Page